I have to give the largest of shout outs to all the lovelies on my flist that have sent me a Christmas card, it's so numerous Im afraid to list you all in case I forget a name out of my sheer stupidity. Let me just say that I am forever grateful and will be thinking of you all each time I look up at my entrance way (Where the cards are taped up)
Congrats to the amazing Hugh Laurie for garnering yet another award nomination, this time a SAG. Good news in addition to his nomination is that although the Golden Globes and Oscars have not been pitied by the WGA, the SAG awards have been granted a waiver and the show will go on :)
These pictures have gone above and beyond making my day!
And can I close this entry by saying to my lovely bonorattle and starleigh
I don't know what I have done correctly in my life to deserve your friendships (and all my flist for that matter) but I am forever grateful for you. I love you :)
My Christmas presents from these lovely ladies:
Jasper from bonorattle and the beautiful Hugh and Stephen at Cambridge mug from starleigh
A goodnight/good morning to you all and thank you for everything :D
I'm starting with the re-run of Bones in which Stephen plays Gordan Gordan Wyatt
-I am now remembering why I was so furious at my husband for deleting Stephen's guest starring role on Bones.
Followed by Part 2 of HIV and Me.
-I cannot recommend this documentary any more strongly. I spoke at length today about it at work. We literally had an hour discussion and I haven't even viewed Part 2 yet. It is a brutally honest, unflinching and caring view of the state of the world in regards to AIDS and how today's youth, as represented by the younger British population, really does not comprehend or seemily care about what unsafe sex/drug use/etc can do to you. It gives you a life sentence, it is NOT glamourous and NO ONE is immune.
*It's especially heartbreaking to watch Stephen with his former partner from his Cambridge days that is now infected and mostly blind due to the disease.
bonorattle I am running behind my dear, Still finishing Bones. Mikey just went down. It'll be after 10 if that's ok?
They will be showing "HIV and Me" Parts 1 & 2 in commemoration of World AIDS Day.
If you have the Sundance Channel I urge everyone to watch this documentary
And please keep all those affected by the HIV/AIDS epidemic in your thoughts and prayers.
This entry is long and there are 2 videos. These are an interview on The Wogan Show from around 1991 during the airing of "Jeeves and Wooster", they talk about many things and show just the closeness of Stephen and Hugh. This also shows a magic trick and it is total love.
Why so cheerful you may ask, I honestly couldn't tell you but I am so I'm here to spread the love :)
So let's get this show on the road.
1) Before the usual nuttiness of my entry please let me extend a super huge Thank you! to all of you on my flist. You are all the best. Even though most of us met through our mutual love of Hugh Laurie and House, I can honestly say that the friendship I feel toward you all extends far past that. Yes the man may have brought us together but it's the little things that have cemeted the connection that we have. I look forward to learning more about you and love squeeing in excitement over silly little fangirl things.
You all ROCK!!!!
2) Stephen Fry has posted a new entry to his blog. It's amazing. A completely deep, honest and thoughtful essay on his personal struggles with bi-polar and addiction. Please run, don't walk to read this entry. I adore Stephen for so many reasons and this has just made the adoration grow so much deeper.
http://stephenfry.com/blog/ A million thank yous for the link go out to hughsbeautiful
3) Got my entry in hc_smut_a_thon complete and on time! That's a very good thing indeed. Seems the muse has come back and I couldn't be happier.
4) Hubby has duty tonight but I'm not fretting, a long "date" with bonorattle is to occur this evening. Plans for conquering the world shall be made! Or probably just the usual non-sensical BS that seem to filterinto our conversations.
5) Now for the Humpday Hugh!picspam. I dedicate this one to the womderal and lovely dil_deal and hughsbeautiful I know that they like me ADORE Paul Slippery. Please take precautions as usual before viewing the gorgeousness and most of all, ENJOY!
If you can remember the Calvin Kline "Obsession" perfume ads this will make total sense and even if you haven't it's still pretty damn funny. Plus you get the bonus of seeing Hugh and Stephen swim :)
So for tonights edition of Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie loveliness I present to you........
The opening to Season 4
Please, find this show on Youtube or on a download. Yes you will get to see Hugh goodness but just also to watch Hugh and others talk so fondly of such a remarkable man.
I wish nothing more than to spread not only my love of Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie as a pairing but of the accomplishments of the two individual actors as well. I can receive no greater compliment than what I have the past few days as some of my friends have mentioned that I have turned them onto this duo of brilliant minds.
So to darling Stephen Bravo and Happy Birthday :)
And to all my flist, seriously watch this special!
*steps down from the rooftops I've been shouting from*
Stephen Fry obeyed the ‘white tie and tiara’ invitation to the letter, in white tie with a diamond tiara by Count Alexander von Beregshasy - who did Kate Winslet’s jewels for ‘Titanic’ - nestled in his hair.
Here is the caption provided with the picture:
National institution Stephen Fry and Matt Lucas, the other Little Britain star
So here is my Monday edition of Stephen and Hugh loveliness and hilarity.
First I give you "Censors, or Bitch Mother Light My Bottom"
And "Maximum Security Poetry" sketch. Hugh and Stephen's hair are killing me in this one
Not only is Hugh playing the piano masterfully (Seriously I could watch his hands forever) but him and Stephen playing back up on "The Little Drummer Boy" is just too much. And the Skillets!!! O-O
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
I present to you.........
Christmas Nights with the Stars 12-27-1994 (OMG I was in High School!)
From Vendetta at You Tube
I present to you......"Where is the Lid" By Hugh "bloody" Laurie.
Brought to you by Kyrasantae
Stephen absolutely kills me during this song.
It's also a good feeling to introduce a new generation to the greatness of Fry and Laurie. She's already obsessed with the show "House" and watches Jeeves and Wooster with me.